Mar 24, 2011

President O'Bushama the Black Swan?

President O'Bushama, Part 2
The Confession: Okay, you are wondering, what is with Solomon, those of you who have read and commented and those of you who have not. We are between 'Barak and a hard place'.

The truth is that I announced to my fourth grade roommates, that someday I was going to run for the office of President of the United States of America. I was a sheltered kid, and really didn't know anything about racism ..., so I was surprised when my classmates roiled with laughter.

Man, I have been scored for life, and that is why I am so mad at Mr. Obama, just kidding. But with regard to my youthful classmates, in 1968, when Dr. King was slain, I learned about the bifurcated and racially polarized nation that I lived in. Up and until that time, I attended an inner-city school with both black and white children. All of us, as far as I knew, got along fine. I walked to and from school each day with whites and blacks, and our neighbors were both white and black.

Then one day during class, my 4th grade teacher walked up to my desk, leaned over and threatened me, explaining what he would do to me if I ever called a certain white girl in the class again. What was even more surprising was, that even though she was in the classroom, that was all I knew about her, she was a classmate.

In fact, I never called her, and rarely spoke to her unless it was for something class related. It turned out that a black friend of mine had been calling her and using my name when he did, just before hanging up on her when she answered the phone. Well, perhaps I should have been mad at my juvenile friend, but I was more curious about an adult teacher, who would threatened a kid in the fourth grade. On occasion, my dark side, wishes that I could go back, find and pay that teacher a visit. Oops!

Back to my friend, who I was telling you about, the nemesis from Nigeria, who has been in this country living in the bushes in Milpitas. We were having a spontaneous debate, during a Fair, that was taking place on University Avenue in Palo Alto (the City of Tall Trees). He nearly lost his mind screaming his O'Bushama-isms to the unflappable me. No matter how I tried to explain, civilly I might add, my reason for not voting for Mr. O'Bushama, after vetting him (as Senator O'Bushama instructed blacks to do anyway), he insisted that I was a confused black man.

Folks, I don't argue with anyone. I say what I have to say quietly and civilly, and then more often than not, I listen to my contretemps argue their points of view, often in a raised, condescending, elitist or demonstrative tone or manner. I often look back and laugh,at him and others who insisted that I was c-o-r-f-u-s-e-d during the run up to the election, because I was wasting my vote by not voting for then Senator Obama. [Okay, my dark side is showing].


Remember that scripture, "God called the young because they're strong, and the old because they know the way". Well, I still like to believe that I am both wise and young at the same time, even though I have to color my beard and pick hair out of strange places with the tweezers from time to time, but I will never admit to being old: I'm just getting started. Of course, I have been feeling some things that I never felt before in my young body. Oops, and 'there lies the rub', even Vicks Vapo-Rub and BenGay!


Yoda, where are you, "Darth is trying to turn everyone to 'the dark-side, young and old"! Ah, it's not all their fault, going back to my friends who messed up, given that they voted for the likes of Ronald, and George Bush II all over again, in the person of President O'Bushama. The latter represents a deadly three-in-one combination, potient (and portent) that none of us needs to ingest, but instead we should be aware of what happened when 2012 rolls around. Clearly, candidate Obama was a great salesperson and a harbinger of all of the right stuff, including showmanship, a warm smile, good looks, Harvard graduate, and a former senator from the Illinois legislature ... when he appeared on the state in 2008.


But even with all that being said, he was not the person that everyone believed he was, apparently. Having said that, I believe that everyone has the right to be wrong, I was wrong once and I admitted it afterward. Of course, I cannot recall what I was wrong about [my dark side is showing again, hee-hee].


Okay, back to President O'Bushama, a Black Swan and current President of the United Emirates of America and the rest of the world. He represents the dark side of the force, it would appear, given that the leaders of all of the nations of the world, that he has engaged in battle recently are non-white. One could easily surmise that 'undercover brother', President. O'Bushama, is guilty of black on black crime, and is working for 'The Man'. Similar to the black general in the movie, 'Undercover Brother', who had surreptitiously been taken over after being fed 'chicken' by the man, perhaps President O'Bushama has been taken over too, but more on that later.


And having said that, many black and non-white Americans, believe that he is working for 'The Man'. Others believe that, 'he is and was always been 'The Man'. This is not good because, most blacks lost faith in the American political system a long time ago. I wonder why? And then, along came candidate Obama, the apparent White Swan at the time, who inspired many minorities to participate in the political process again. Even the ones who had prison records, regretted that they couldn't vote for him. And now that their would-be hero has disappointed them, will they ever participate in the political process again. I don't think so, at least not in the near future.


Has President O'Bushama been taken over by 'the man', or was he always 'the man', draped in black skin? I suspect that he has simply drunk 'the man's kool-aid'. If we could simply get this man to say what he means and to stick with it, something that he failed to do even during the run up to the election. If he were to, I am certain that all of our stomachs would appreciate it, for this man is no longer under a cover, one that is broad or long enough to hide what he is up to, apparently no good!


Wouldn't you agree that both his domestic and foreign policy agendas, today, look more and more like that of George Bush Jr. (who was and is the less well spoken embodiment of Ronald Reagan) and for sure 'the man'? This man, President O'Bushama, is involved in more wars, bailing out the rich, while pacifying the poor and middle-class in America and the ROW … than his predecessors were.


My God, even John Boehner, his Speaker of the House bosom buddy is worried, given the most recent 'drive-by on Libya' that the president ordered. The President may have even gone further than a Republican would have. And, Representative Boehner is is a dyed-in-the wool, Republican (Buckeye) warmonger and secret admirer of his friend President. O'Bushama. Sadly, President O'Bushama has only done what presidents have done in the past when they wanted to deflect American's attention from what is going on domestically.


To begin shooting at, bombing or sending the Air Force or warships in to launch Cruise Missles, makes it appear that the President is strong on defense, and protecting the country. But just like the 2 ongoing wars, what is he protecting us from. Our current president is apparently not an exception to that kind of ruse or rule. Isn't this simply more evidence that President O'Bushama has shifted further to the Right, than even John, Newt, Contract with America Mitch and the boyz have done? Eye of Newt, president of the USA, that makes me gag.


Of course John Boehner, self-proclaimed friend of Mr. O'Bushama, or was it the other way around, could simply be taking advantage of the president's latest faux pas, in order to make himself more appealing as a candidate? Normally, John would, otherwise, be all for 'the drive-by on Libya', as he was I'm sure he was when Reagan did the same over 2-decades ago. However, money is more important to John than principle. He wants to keep the American treasury solid and intact, for the sake of his other wealthy Republican friends and corporate lobbyists -the primary users and beneficiaries of the American treasury's largess.


More and more, it is the people who voted for Mr. O'Bushama in 2008, that care less for him today. Some of them are thinking, and I voted for a black man, thinking that it was a epochal moment in history, and that my vote for him, would represent historical change in America and abroad. I know what O'Bushama supporters expected, even the cross-over ones who believed that the world, not only the USA, would look different today (2-years later), if they voted for him. But the more things changed, when America elected President O'Bushana over the likes of Senator John McCain and Sarah Palin, the more they have worsened for America and the world, and remained the same.


Many of the ones who voted for him are still in shock, particularly the ones who switched over and voted for him that belonged to other parties. They expected something different from a bifurcated (both black and white Harvard educated) man! They expected that his black sensibilities and white intelligence combined with eloquent grace, would produce a brilliant President who cared about all people, macroeconomics and Martin Luther King like social justice for 'all people' here and around the world. But what they got was, more of the same, but now in black-face!

Actually, all of this is Colin Powell's fault!
Why? Mr. Powell was the painted man of destiny I believe, that the world was looking for that when he declined to run for the office of President of the United States. When Republican Senator Barry Goldwater was still alive, he was Colonel Powell's promoter. He was doing for Ambassador Powell, what late Senator Ted Kennedy was doing for then Senator Obama prior to the election. I pointed out to iindividuals who believed that God destined Obama to be President of the USA, the one's who said that if he didn't run that there would never be another black man elected to the office.


And they may, in part, be correct, now, that Ambassador Powell has seemingly left the building. But then there is another man that I will introduce further along, that happens to be black, who might come out of nowhere to become the Republicans new Black Swan and hope, if needed. Blacks, never even considered that a black conservative might turn out to be America's, and their first ethnic president. But to all of those who said that God wanted Obama to be President, and that it was his destiny to become president, what are you thinking now and what God were you referring to at the time, er herm? You know, I don't hear much from these people now - where have they gone? Perhaps God is a part of the Right-Wing!


To be sure, Colin Powell was taken seriously by both white, black and in between when Senator Goldwater was pushing him, to include Republicans, Democrats, Independents and other world leaders. The latter proves that America didn't just recently experience this sudden and dramatic change of heart about black people and candidates, when Mr. Obama appeared on the scene. And it proves that whites were not all racists, as many minorities believed.


I have many white friends, and they have been my friends for decades now it would seem, and they are far less racist, if they are racist at all, than many blacks are that I know and have known. In fact, I don't believe that any of my white friends are racists. I have worked with white associates before, who after shaking my hand, would unconsciously I suppose, wipe their hands on their pant legs. Ah, perhaps it was just sweat that they were wiping off.


But back to the point, many non-black and other Americans voters believed that, "It was okay to vote for a black man", long before Obama. And, in 2008 they sold their friends on the idea, that the color of one's skin did not matter. I feel for them now, really I do. Why do I feel this way? Let's face it, they went out on a limb for not only President O'Bushama, but to convince the masses that blacks are capable of governance at the highest level in the land. And right now, they aren't appearing to be very bright in the minds of their friends and peers. Most of us know that we will likely never see a black president again, not even the Black Swan in year 2012. On the other hand, if the Black Swan follows the script, perhaps we will after all.


But one thing we will know is this: If President O'Bushama, is not elected again, it won't be because of the color of his skin, and that is a good thing. No matter how the presidential election turns out in 2012, America and the world will have to admit that America has and is making racial progress. If nothing else, the Obama presidency broke the barrier, the same thing that a Powell presidency could have done a decade or more before, if Secretary Powell had elected to run!


But still, many individuals are dejected and despondent, and realize now that just because a candidate is of another hue and gender that it is still what he or she stands for that matters, for competency trumps all. Late Senator Lloyd Bentsen comes to mind. I recall when during the 1998 vice presidential debate between he and nascent Senator Dan Quayle, that he blasted Dan neophyte Senator Quayle. Many of us, I'm certain, can still recall when Senator Bentsen turned and said to Senator Dan Quayle, "I know the Kennedy's, the Kennedy's are my friends, and you're no Jack Kennedy".


And now the world knows, over 2 decades later, that President O'Bushama, is 'no Jack Kennedy either - and that he is not a Ted, has nothing to do with race, or if he can spell potato correctly. Having said that, I cannot imagine how the world would be any different, if George Bush Jr. was the President right now, given that President O'Bushama is taking his plays from the Bush Jr. handbook. He should feel vindicated, and he is likely at home thinking about everyone who made fun of him and his Bushism's before. “Well, how do you like me now", he's thinking? Why? Because, President O'Bushama, along with a Democratic House, Senate and Republican majority on the Supreme Court, is running the country just about the same as it was being run when Mr. Bush Jr., was running the country.


And things aren't any different now, from the time when Mr. George Bush Junior was in power, and running the Bushtanista Party. I called him Mr. Bush didn't I? Frankly, I didn't believe that Mr. Bush was terribly bright at the time, but Mr. O'Bushama, his protege, is proving that he was a lot smarter than I thought (when comparing a Yale and a Harvard man). What is truly sad about all of this is that President O'Bushama had the world and the nation in his lap, well, other than a minority group of American Republicans at the time.


Bush never had a mandate, (most people still believe that he stole his first election), but President O'Bushama did, and he squandered it. Today, Mr. Bush is sitting back and thinking, "my policies were correct, and I did the right thing and would do it all over again, if I was still running things". And President O'Bushama, 'Bush in disguise', is thinking, I have and am doing the right thing myself. And guess what, the majority of American's who voted in the mid-terms apparently agree. The silent majority, I suspect would not agree, however, given that they have refused to register their franchise, particularly in the mid-terms, we will never know, except anecdotally, will we?


The American electorate placed Bush in power, just barely however, for 2-terms; and recently they brought back a gaggle of Republicans who believed in Bush-Reagan policies and politics in order to work alongside the Bush-Reagan clone. So what did President O'Bushama do with all of that social capital, power, and the national and international support that he amassed, he squandered it? How many of you believe that he could win the Nobel Peace Prize, or any other prize today?


He makes me think of that saying that went something like this, 'never, have so many, given so much ... " And what did he do with all of what he was given and all of those who worked so hard (and spent money) to get him elected, he squandered it all and abandoned his supporters too. Why? In part, due to a lack of seasoning. In my opinion, he tossed his hat into the ring too soon, as I shared with my friends and foes alike leading up to 2008. His ego got the best of him!


And as a result he has been waffling back and forth, supporting Reagan-Bush policies while pretending to belong to the other side, the people's side, as well as to be 'the voice of the people'. If the truth were to be known, he rarely speaks for 'either side', Republican or non. However, give him credit for one thing, he knew how to get promoted over better, more qualified and prepared candidates, in order to get himself elected, didn't he? He did the same at Harvard, in the Illinois Legislature and in Washington DC, apparently. And once he was elected, he was prematurely nominated and awarded the Nobel Peace Prize (based upon rhetoric without any real substance or commitment to the ideals that he espoused).


What must they be thinking in Oslo right now, something like, give us back the prize? I know what America is thinking. But who else has experienced such a mercurial rise only to squander it, and in such a short period of time? Well, Sarah Palin comes to mind! In the future, it will be hard to garner a Nobel Peace Prize, I suppose. How bad are things?


Well today, even America's version of a Maggie Thatcher, Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, the smartest woman and politician alive I believe, has declared that she won't run for the office of President in 2012. I am deeply saddened to hear that, but I don't blame her. It proves just how smart she really is, doesn't it? Who would want to preside over the convoluted mess that will be left behind, apparently, when President O'Bushama leaves office in 2012?


Thinking back to when I was in the fourth grade and wanted to be President of the USA, I wouldn't even run now, and who knows, perhaps I would receive 5 or 10 votes, like Ambassador Keyes did, when he ran for office. But, who's counting? Moving to Illinois didn't help Ambassador Keyes, and he was a Republican!

The Rev

continued ...

No comments: