May 15, 2008

Senator Obama & Black Role Models Volume 7



36 Common Sense Says: May 9th, 2008 at 7:57 pm
@Rev Solomon,
You still misread or won’t address what I ask you so i’ll just respond to your last posts। In the words of that great American bard, Kanye West, “Ward Conelly hates black people”. How else would you describe his nefarious attempts at killing affirmative action. And as for Farrakan, he helped create a climate of hatred and hostility toward Malcoln X that led to his death and he gets no free pass on that.

I don’t think that the Clintons freed the slaves but lets look at their records।I’ll give Bill a couple of things. First he understood the power of black media with his appearance on Arsenio Hall. Also the economy was very good for the black middle class and there was not a war and the problems now with housing, gas prices and the credit crunch. But lets go deeper.He left the campaign trail to sign a death warrant for Ricky Ray Rector, a retarded black man to show that he was tough on crime.

He screwed Lani Guinier(a friend of his)by denying her even the opportunity of a hearing to serve as Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights at the Justice Department.
It was Bill Clinton who signed the Anti-Terrorism and Death Penalty Act that severely limited appeals for death row inmates।(Thank god for The Innocence Project!!)

It was Bill Clinton who signed the Welfare Reform Bill which had the gall to call itself the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act, but he never said a word about the hateful public relations campaign against poor black mothers that accompanied the introduction and passage of that bill।

Since you are an astute scholar on African issues, why have not you mentioned your beloved Bill and then Secretary of State Madeline Albright hemming and hawing and refusing to use the word “genocide” while 250,000 Tutsis were being massacred in Rwanda? He went all out to stop the genocide in the Balkans। What color skin was valued more by your beloved Clinton administration, the whites in the Balkans who were helped or the black Tutsis who were ignored?

I have no problem with Bill telling people to vote for his wife. But for him to say that Obama’s campaign is a “fairy tale” or that America would be “rolling the dice” to vote him or calling Obama a “boy” is highly offensive Let me follow this post further with your choice, Hillary।

# 37 Common Sense Says: May 9th, 2008 at 8:21 pm
@Rev. Solomon,
Hillary is playing the race card way better than I ever could Rev। Solomon. Let’s review her campaign. First and foremost she thought that this was going to be a coronation. Then Iowa struck. She refused to apologize for her war vote but then it was to late. Obama was off to the races.

She tried to attack him on minor issues on basically the same heath care plan which also failed। On personality and character, no contest. He’s elegant, talented and intellectually quick on his feet. She lost that round also.

Then she trid a silly plagiarism charge that went nowhere. Then she tried the experience card. Past against future in a change election. Right. I can still hear that Bosnian sniper fire.
Obama has had some stumbles also with Jeremiah Wright, William Ayers, Michelle Obama’s comments about never have been proud of America and Barack’s own guns-and-God condescention toward small-town whites।

Then she joins with McCain with this bogus gas tax holiday that took the spotlight off of the amazing Rev। Wright and his buffon show at the National Press Club. Just this past Wednesday in an interview with USA Today on why she should be the nominee instead of Obama, she cited an Associated Press article “that found Senator Obama’s support….among working, hardworking Americans, WHITE Americans,is weakening again. I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on”.

That is a hell of a rationale to take to the superdelegates. Translation: There’s no way that white people are going to vote for the black guy। In November you will be sorry. But to let you tell it Rev. Solomon, I’m the racist one.

# 38 Rev. C. Solomon Says: May 9th, 2008 at 9:51 pm Common Sense,Go back and review your own threads, and compare them against what has been written in aggregate on this blog. You are the only one who is using terms like Ms. Ann, Whitey…., and basing your arguments on race instead of substance!

I am not an apologist for Hillary Clinton, and I gurantee you that you are far more fond of Senator Obama, than I am of Senator Clinton. I have simply repeated what I have done in every election, gather information, analyize the information and decided who I believed would be the best candidate. And if you will be honest about the demographic and democratic shift among black voters, are you trying to tell me that it has not been based mostly upon Obama’s race? I was speaking to a black busdriver the other day, and he belted out, I LOVE OBAMA! Love him? Hmm!

And before you answer, along with Senator Clinton’s apparent expectation of being corronated by black Americans, if the polls are correct blacks intended to vote previously en masse for Senator Clinton. If black Americans who are leaning towards Obama now, as I understand at the rate of 90%, and changed their position because they feel that Senator Obama is the best candidate, who can argue with that?

However, if blacks changed their votes simply because Obama is black, then as I have alluded to, many blacks are voting based on race, and simply repeating the mistakes of the past, i।e, voting according to race and gender. There is so much at stake both domestically and in the world, that a cavalier approach of voting in this year’s election according to any other variable than what is best, could have devastating long-term effects. GB is leaving the nation and the world in a mess!

Gas prices, food prices, wars, invasions, uninsured Americans, home-foreclosures, impending recession, occupations & invasions in other nations…!

We need someone who can turn America’s domestic and foreign policy agenda around। Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Somalia, Nicaragua, Bolivia, Cuba…, all need someone strong in office, as well as America, the DPRK and who did I miss?

I suppose that Maya Angelou, Maxine Waters and many others must not have gotten the memo, that their candidates is running a racist campaign।

Let me try this another way, you do not have to hate Senator Clinton in order to support Senator Obama। You clearly have a lot of animus saved up for Senator Clinton. All that I have done is to analyze the candidates who are running for the President of the USA! I don’t have any animus towards Senator Obama!

# 39 Rev. C. Solomon Says: May 10th, 2008 at 12:57 pm
Why is it that in choosing to vote for one candidate, that there has to be a referendum, by some, on everyone and everything else?

With respect to my having cherry-picked which ’strawmen’ questions I chose to respond to or not, what difference would it make.? May I simply stipulate that I do not agree with everything thatBIll Clinton did (NAFTA, GATT…), nor do I agree with everything that Hillary Clinton did (her vote to fund the Iraq war)। With respect to Guinier, who nominated her?

My issue with you is that are attacking other seasoned voters, some of us who happen to be voting for the same person that you are voting for if he prevails, because we won’t despise our picks and the people that we have chosen first, to serve as President of the USA। Again, we are not the ones who are name calling and using pejoratives to describe other candidates.

If someone had employed the perjoratives that you have in reverse against Senator Obama or yourself, you would be screaming racism, or if it happened at work you would be contacting the EEOC!

# 40 Common Sense Says: May 10th, 2008 at 5:22 pm
@Rev. C. Solomon,
As tempted as I am to respond to your posts, since tomorrow is Mother’s Day I’ll save my incendiary, racist, inflammatory remarks for next week or on the next post where we disagree। I want to take this time to wish a Happy Mother’s Day to all the black women who have had an impact in your life. And the white mothers too.(And that didn’t even hurt Rev.)

# 41 Rev. C. Solomon Says: May 13th, 2008 at 12:36 pm
Common Sense,
And what will you say to the white mother’s, Happy Mother’s Day Miss Ann?
I’m sure that your mother did not raise you to be so narrow, caustic and abrasive, and you’ve proven that it takes time to mature. Someday, you will learn to carry on a dialogue, without lashing out at people or peppering the dialogue with racist repartee! Isn’t that what black Americans have been saying to our counterparts for years?
Deal with your pathology Common Sense।

# 42 Common Sense Says: May 13th, 2008 at 8:55 pm
@Rev. Solomon,
Even you in your indignation and quick to label me(as I am you), fail to see the wit, humor or in an abstract way, declaring peace on Mother’s Day! Rev।, it does not take a genius to see that your posts are being monitored.I cannot even take a day off from replying to you and wishing black and white mothers a happy Mother’s Day without you taking it to the alley.

Let me congratulate you and Miss Ann on her stunning, spectacular, game-changing, election-changing win in the great, open-minded, all men are created equal state of West Virginia। There are truly no race problems in America. Land of the free, home of the brave. I know you have your hand over your heart as you read this. I know you will sleep well tonight!! All is well in the world.

# 43 Rev. C. Solomon Says: May 15th, 2008 at 6:23 pm
Common Sense
I see that you are still fixated on race, and the venal and subtle use of perjoratives which expose your underlying motives! Your writings do not reflect the attitude or the tenor of the candidate that you appear to support - he is not a racist. You also have some deep-seated psycho-social/projection issues it would appear !

I will leave you with this quotation (hope it helps):
It seems to me that every experience I have, possesses meaning and significance. I can see the focus of that which happens to me upon the screen of my life and can understand that the messages are coming to me, and they will be prepared to go out from me as I seek to guide and lead and develop those who need my help.Mary McLeod Bethune
You need help Common Sense!

Peace & Grace,
Rev. C. Solomon

http://www.sealofabraham.blogspot.com/
Addenda: Who was right? I don't know, however, in my position the youthful 'Common Sense' is a black racist. On one hand he wants Senator Obama to win, and he is laughing it up over the white candidates that are supporting him. Those white voters who are not supporting Senator Obama, he refers to as 'whitey' and Ms. Ann. I still believe that if Senator Obama were to prevail, and if he did not respond to the issues of black Americans as quickly as individuals like 'Common Sense' expect, that soon after Senator Obama would be installed into office, 'Common Sense' would be calling Senator Obama 'Uncle Tom'!

No comments: