Mar 25, 2008

The Government of the USA: They Are For War, I Am For Peace - Psalms 120:7

The Rev erupts in the Washington Post's blog:

The post-war assessment of the Vietnam War and Morrisso's comments!

Like most Americans did at the end of the Vietnam war (if not before), I made my assessment, asking was it worth it?

Since the USA stopped meddling in Vietnam's internal affairs, the unified Communist nation of Vietnam is doing fine.

When the USA leaves the 38th parallel and stops interfering in the affairs of the Koreans, that nation, I suspect will come together and do just fine. The people of the north and south are already cooperating with each other - in deference to the dictates of the USA War Council.

When the USA leaves Cuba alone, that nation will rise and do just fine! When the USA stops interfering in the affairs of the Middle-East, the ME will do just fine!

I have stood at the Vietnam Memorial, along with others, to lament the senseless loss of friends whose names were inscribed on those granite walls. I asked myself, and what were the American decisionmakers doing while all of these young men and women who should be here were dying?

Many were golfing, having their 3-martini lunches, boating and fishing, attending gala affairs, being attended by their servants, and in the case of President Nixon and several others, breaking the law themselves, not preserving it!

The once (sacrosanct) offices of the President and Vice President of the United States (now considered The War Room), have wasted the past 7 years engaging in a geopolitical version of the boardgame Parcheesi.

These folks could care less about the pawns who loose their lives. How often have you noticed the President and Vice President yukking it up, while innocent lives are being needlessly destroyed?

They claim that by their actions that they are saving America. The fact is that America has been falling apart: infrastructure, economy, schools, healthcare, housing market and all, since they have been in office!

I was touring Arlington Cemetery on Veteran's Day a few years ago. I was about to enter the 'Amphitheater at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Site'. President Bush showed up. I was told, there are seats left. I said, no thank you then, and I left!

Natural Born Killers, remember the movie? The difference between the killers on America's streets, and those in government appears to be that the latter were elected - I really cannot see any other difference!

"They are for war, I am for peace" Ps. 120:7.

Posted by: The Rev | March 25, 2008 11:52 AM

Peace & Grace
Reverend C. Solomon

www.sealofabraham.blogspot.com

Addenda: The words of the Psalmist [Psalms 120:6 and 7].

~My soul have long dwelt with him that hateth peace.
~I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war!

No comments: